Monday, September 21, 2015

Midnight Sky Nail Art with JINsoon Nocturne

Night sky nail art by @chalkboardnails

The challenge theme for today is "inspired by a color," and like I've done in many years past, I've decided to do a nail art interpretation of a nail polish's name. The nail art that I ended up with is stylistically simple, especially compared to the galaxy nails that I just posted, but I think it's more wearable and a little more mystical.

Night sky nail art by @chalkboardnails

My base color is the polish I was inspired by: JINsoon "Nocturne." It's a rich, smoky black with a slight metallic sheen to it. It looks like satin, but dries to a glossy finish, and covers perfectly in two coats. You do have to be a little attentive towards brushstrokes when applying, but it wasn't too difficult.

I then added small white stars and a crescent moon using Formula X White Matter and my small nail art brush.

Night sky nail art by @chalkboardnails

Check out my "inspired by a color" looks from past years:

Related Posts

Midnight Sky Nail Art with JINsoon Nocturne
4/ 5
Oleh