Saturday, September 26, 2015

Carnaval Netting - X-Patterned Nail Art

Carnaval Netting by @chalkboardnails

Today's prompt is "inspired by a pattern" and I don't even know where I took it today, but here's what I ended up with. The candy colored palette has me thinking of Carnaval in Rio, while the X pattern is vaguely reminiscent of netting.

Carnaval Netting by @chalkboardnails

Wouldn't you know it, my base polish fits the theme! It's Gelish Carnaval Hangover, which is my new gel manicure for the week. I completely finished and cured the manicure before adding the designs.

Using a small nail art brush, I added the Xs with Duri - Shocking Twist (pea green), Sally Hansen - Blue Me Away (blue), and American Apparel - L'Espirit (pale purple). I didn't try to make them uniform, especially not from nail to nail, and instead went for a more abstract feel.

The manicure still needed something else, so after the Xs were done, I added black dots wherever the lines met. I think it contributes a lot to the final look!

Carnaval Netting by @chalkboardnails

More "inspired by a pattern" nail art:

Related Posts

Carnaval Netting - X-Patterned Nail Art
4/ 5
Oleh